Monday, August 25, 2008

Past due update

There's my 40 week pg photo. It really doesn't look much different from my last photo. It's typical to not see much of a change in size at this stage (at least not for the mother, the baby is only getting bigger and bigger). I know that doesn't make much sense. If the baby is getting bigger, why wouldn't I continue to grow too? It was the same way for me with Gwendolyn's pg. He really can't get any lower unless he is born. My next appointment is on Wednesday when I am 40 1/2 weeks. I'm uncomfortable at certain times but far from miserable which is what most people think I must be since I'm past due in the end of August in Texas. If Ginger wasn't going out of town on Friday, I don't think I'd even be that anxious about when I was going into labor. That said, I hope he decides to come by Thursday but, since I don't have any control over that, I'm trying to relax when I can and not stress out about it.

I haven't given an update on Gwendolyn in a while. She is doing quite well and seems to understand that my belly isn't named "baby braher" but that, there will be a baby joining the family. She likes to look at his clothes and tell me "cute" as she holds them up.

Her favorite color these days is yellow. When I've gotten caught up on laundry, we have great mornings. As soon as her yellow clothes are dirty, I'm in for a challenge trying to convince her to let me put on her clothes. Thankfully, she's also in a phase where she always wants "2 ponytails!" and points to the sides of her head where she excepts them to be. If I put in yellow hairbands, sometimes, it's enough to keep her happy even if she can't wear yellow clothes that day.

Gwendolyn loves to color as long as she can give you the crayon and you color or draw where and what she tells you. She of course always colors with the yellow crayon and each of the rest of us has certain colors that are usually assigned to us. The other assignments she usually has for us is where we sit. As far as she is concerned, everyone has their seat and she'll be happy to tell you where it is. It doesn't matter if we are in a car, at the table or in the living room.

Would you say we have a very particular daughter who knows exactly what she wants?? ;o) LOL Gwendolyn is also a cuddler and enjoys twirling your hair while she sucks her 2 fingers and enjoys a favorite show. She's very into "Super Why" which we have protected on our DVR. There are a few other shows she enjoys but nothing holds a candle to "Super Why". She still loves music as always and will often just burst out in song. Her other favorite activity is "bimming". Gwendolyn would go swimming at any time for as long as you are willing to let her. She's loves jumping in from the side and going under the water. She always pops up with a big smile and says she's going to do it again.

We are still very active with our playgroup. With the boy being born any minute, I'm sure there will be some time when we need to slow down on our playdate schedule for at least a little bit. I hope I'll recover from the birth very fast and we can adjust quickly enough, that we aren't away from our friends very long. We have the best time at all of our playdates and have the greatest friends to spend time with.


No comments:

Post a Comment