Monday, February 8, 2010

Here we go again

Once again, I'm going to try and fire it up with blogging.  Even though my posts are few and far in between, at least I have intention and eventually do come back ;o)

Ken news; Astronomy is what makes Ken's heart tick!  Aside from his family of course.  He is currently making the switch from visual astronomy to complete astrophotography.  He's enjoyed all the visual astronomy he's done and certainly learned a lot.  When he started taking images, he really found his nitch!  He loves every aspect of the hobby and looks forward to every clear night we have and makes the most of it.  The one bummer for sure, is that we can't control the weather and this winter hasn't been very forthcoming with the clear skies.  That aside, when he has been able to go out and image, he's gotten some really beautiful pictures.  He enjoys not only the process but sharing it with people!!  That's right, you read correctly, my husband has found something he loves to share!  Although, I still wouldn't say he's the socialite of the party, if you want to talk astronomy in any way, he'll socialize all night with you.  He maintains a flikr account where he uploads his completed images.  Flikr has a great accessory for astronomers so, it's widely used in the field for sharing.  For those who've expressed interest, Ken has created a distribution list so, when he's finished an image, he adds a write up explaining what you're looking at and how he made the image.  It's all amazingly interesting and very eye opening.  Let us know if you want to see Ken's astro work :o)  Here is one of my personal favorites;


Molly News; In my life, I never seem to have enough time or sleep but, I'm managing what I can.  Gwendolyn and Link fill my day with wonderment and craziness.  Somedays I love it and other days, I just wish I could get even half way through my todo list!  It's not all their fault.  Facebook is not on my todo list and Gwendolyn and Link certainly don't force me to get stuck on it.  I need to seriously check myself!!  I need to find a system with a routine I can stick to.  I manage to keep my children clothed, fed and socialized but, I can't say I do it well.  Crossfit is a huge passion of mine outside of being a wife and mother.  I enjoy all of the many things it has done for my life.  Eventually, when I can make it happen, I intend to get my certification and train at Ginger and William's gym "Crossfit Georgetown"  www.crossfitgeorgetown.com.  Book Club and the occasional Girl's Night Out with my Playgroup friends are things I really look forward to.  I wish they both happened more often ;o)


Gwen News;  It feels like Gwendolyn is almost 4 going on 20.  Everyday she says things that leave me in awe.  She never misses a beat.  You may think you're hiding something from her but, usually she totally knows about it and she'll call you out on it.  Gwen is very particular about almost everything.  We are certain she has OCD and plan on getting her evaluated to see if there's something we can do to help her life be less stressful for her.  Particulars aside, she's a happy girl who enjoys people.  Her family, especially her cousins are at the top of the list.  Anytime, she knows she's going to see her cousins, she's ecstatic about it.  Gwendolyn goes to school 2 days a week.  Even though it starts at 9am, it's still tough to get her woken up and in the mood.  She usually tells me at least once that she doesn't want to go to school but, glad in the end that she went.  She's just not a morning girl that one.  She comes by it honestly ;o)  At school she gets to go to gymnastics and cooking class.  She's really thriving in all she's learning and being able to get that structure in her life.  Gwen is still a pipsqueak.  Although, she'll be 4 next month, she is not wearing 4T clothes.  In fact, she wears a lot of 2T clothes still.  For Gwendolyn, it's still all about princesses.  She would wear a "sparkley dress" every waking moment if she could.  We are lucky to have a decent assortment handed down from Delaney.  They are slowly getting very tattered as she plays in them so, I'll probably need to invest in some more soon.  A  pass time that Gwen really loves is singing!!  She likes to find a microphone but will sing without one if she must.  Her favorite songs are still ABC's and Twinkle, Twinkle but she's been singing "Pants on the ground" as of late ;o)  Gwen really loves to teach you things.  Everyday she comes up to me with a new lesson I need to learn from her.  Her favorite color has switched to pink.  Although, she says yellow is second.  I can't believe she is turning 4 years old next month!!  It will feel like a flash and I'll be dropping her off for her first day of kindergarten......Pass the tissues please!!!


Lincoln News; Oh, my love bug Link!  At the end of this month Link will be a year and a half old.  He is very near out weighing his sister and has already managed to push her down a couple times.  Gwen can be rough at times with him and I think it'll be sooner than later that she may be getting "pay backs" ;o)  He is amazingly strong as he can hold his own body weight for a decent amount of time.  He likes to pull himself up on the table and will hang on the fridge doors (as you may have seen from a recent facebook picture) :-P  Link will climb anything he can, get into whatever trouble he can, run to any open door that he sees and do his best to run me ragged.  At this point Gwendolyn and I were signing to each other and communicating quite well.  Not so with Lincoln.  He knows many of the signs I do but, will only sign back to me on a rare occasion.  I feel like he cries and fusses a lot more than Gwendolyn did but, I really attribute to the lack of communication.  I wish like anything we could communicate better so, I'm really looking forward to him talking since he seems to want to skip the whole signing thing.  Link was in "feeding therapy" for a short time.  He basically refused to eat almost everything.  If he didn't breastfeed, he wouldn't have had such a nice layer to live off of while we figured out his food aversions.  After only about 6 weeks he went from eating nothing but puffs and goldfish to eating quite the array of food.  He's still particular about many things but, is eating enough of an assortment that we don't need to worry much at this point.  His favorite foods are eggs, goldfish and yogurt covered raisins.  His favorite beverage is ice water.  He doesn't like cows milk much but sometimes, if I make it ice milk he'll drink a few swallows.  Above all, breastmilk trumps anything on the menu, he prefers that to any consumable.  Link is proving to be a big time mama's boy but there's no question he adores his Dad and recognizes the loved ones around him.



Lucy and Indy News;  Our furbabies are still doing well.  The addition of Indy to our family was a good thing.  Lucy will play with her and she submission pees less (I think).  Indy is a very sweet girl and as she's nearing the end of puppyhood, I'm finding less destroyed toys of the kiddos which excites me greatly.  She still shreds her toys up in no time at all but, I certainly don't mind that.  Indy has a lot more energy than Lucy so, she definitely tries to herd us everywhere and hopes desperately we'll play with her.  I can't believe how tolerant both of our pooches are to our children's abuse but, luckily, they do seem to love them and know that Ken and I will have their back when they need it. ;o)



1 comment: