Saturday, August 9, 2008

38 weeks update


My appointment went well. The current standings are; 2cm dilated, 70% effaced and the boy is at a -1 station. I've been having lots of contractions daily which apparently is helping him go lower and lower but not changing my cervix too fast. That's okay with me since I'm hoping he stays put until next Friday when Ginger will be home and Lisa and Stephanie won't have to take time off of work. Also, if it works out that I do have him on a Friday afternoon, that will give Ken the most time at home with the baby before having to return to work. I'm still fairly comfortable until the evening sets in. By the late afternoon, I start to get pretty tired and I'm shot in the energy and comfort department by evening. I contract a lot in the evening and he's so low that every time I stand up, I keep checking to see if he's hanging on my ankles. ;o) LOL My midwife told me he's in perfect position for the birth. YAY!!! The boy is doing very well in there, his heart rate this week was in the 150's. His movements are regular and not hurting me to bad even when he gives me a good kick in the ribs. ;o) My midwife also thinks he'll be a good sized baby but, is thinking less than 9lbs. We shall see! I'm not totally convinced of that with all the family history on both sides of larger babies. I'm actually okay with a big baby as long as his head is small. ;o) LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good!

    The boy only needs to wait 4 more days. He can do it!!

    G

    ReplyDelete