Friday, August 1, 2008

37 weeks appointment update

My appointment went well today. I'm coming along and labor could be any day but, could also be weeks away. There's just no way to know for sure. I'm still showing signs that the boy will be making his appearance early. My midwife told me to stop taking the magnesium now (I was taking that to help stop the contractions I was having) and let nature takes it's course. As a recap, a week ago I was 2cm dilated and 70% effaced, the boy is engaged and ready to get the show on the road it seems. I have contractions every day but, they aren't regular just yet. Since we live a decent distance from the birth center, my midwife asked me to call when I felt like I was in any kind of regular labor pattern. She's a bit concerned that I'll go quickly and not get to the birth center in time if I spend too much time laboring at home. If I don't go into labor by my appointment next week, I'm not sure I'll be able to avoid asking for a cervical check. Curiosity will most certainly get the best of me. The boys' Aunt G won't be home for another couple weeks. It's probably not the best idea for him to start out defying her right away ;o) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment