Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome to the world of boys!!

After having Link, I've had many times that's brought up the thought "welcome to the world of boys". He's been very different from Gwendolyn in many ways, most of them proving what all those btdt Mom's say true. He's a mama's boy and Gwendolyn is a daddy's girl. He's been a far more needy baby, setting himself up perfectly (I hope) to be an easy teenager. This has certainly been the opposite with Gwen so far. My big bummer is that Link has decided now is the time to become the typical "bam bam boy". I'm the last week he's taken a face plant on the concrete, fallen down the stairs and seems to enjoy hitting with or wihout a weapon in his hand. Link is really strong and can hit really hard! I'm hoping I can figure out effective punishment because, I don't want to be "that Mom, with the really rough kid" and people dred our coming to playdates etc.... If you know of a discipline that is effective please share. Keep in mind that I would classify myself (if I had to) as an "attachment parent" and We don't have corporal punishment in this house :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hit 'em. Hit 'em hard. Just kidding! Girl, I'm still trying to figure out how to raise boys. They most certainly are a different breed. Let me know what you find out. :)

    ReplyDelete